- 5:00pm - Brian Cashman arrives at the meetings and immediately says that he is feeling pessimistic of completing any trades or signings at the Winter Meetings, because he feels that the price may be too high.
- Earlier in the day, there were reports that New York was the front runner in the Yoennis Cespedes sweepstakes. Brian Cashman says that he is yet to discuss those negotiations.
- 5:05pm - Bryan Hoch says that the Yankees still have interest in signing Eric Chavez, Andruw Jones, and Bartolo Colon.
- Former Yankee, Jerry Hairston Jr. could be close to a 2 year deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- 5:22pm - Ken Rosenthal reports the deal for Hairston Jr is official pending a physical. The deal is worth six million plus incentives.
- 6:40pm - Bryan Hoch quotes Brian Cashman as saying, "If anybody tells you that we’re focused on any left-handed reliever, they’re lying."
- 6:41pm - Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated (now headed to CBS Sports) tweets that Gio Gonzalez would love to go to the Yankees or Marlins.
- 7:34pm - Jon Heyman reports that Mark Buehrle has multiple three year offers and the first team that offers four could be the winner for his services.
- 8:19pm - Jim Duquette of MLB Network Radio is reporting that the Washington Nationals are the "mystery team" that offered C.J. Wilson a six year deal.
News for the New York Yankees pretty much wrapped up from there. Brian Cashman hinted on the fact that there probably would not be much action for the team at the meetings, but he will not just sit around and do nothing. A move could always be made, but very unlikely.
Coverage of Day 2 of the Winter Meetings will resume here on Stirring Straw. Please feel free to give us a follow on Twitter. https://twitter.com/#!/StirringStraw