Yu Darvish at a press conference in Japan. No the question is what MLB team will be in the backdrop of his next presser.
- The clock has struck past midnight in New York City and news is coming out of Japan that Yu Darvish will be posted in the next 24 hours. Don Nomura, his agent made the announcement via his Twitter account. There were early reports that he would be posted before or during the Winter Meetings and his father put the chances at “50/50” that he would come to the United States at all. Mark Buehrle has signed with the Marlins and CJ Wilson may leave the market very soon, so teams looking for pitching could get involved. The Yankees will most likely be among them. Arn Tellem will represent him. The Yankees have experience with him from their days with Hideki Matsui. Once Darvish is posted, teams will have four days to bid.
- 10:03 AM - Yahoo Sports' Tim Brown reported that Albert Pujols will no longer be a St. Louis Cardinal as he signs with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The deal is worth ten years and in the range of $250-260 million. He could be the second or third biggest deal in Major League Baseball history if he tops one of Alex Rodriguez's previous deal.
- 10:11 AM - Yankees select Nationals right handed pitcher, Brad Meyers in the Rule 5 draft.
- 10:20 AM - Kansas City Royals select left handed pitcher Cesar Cabral from the Boston Red Sox and trade him to the Yankees for cash. (Via Bob Dutton's Twitter)
- 10:49 AM - Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Yankees are close to signing former Indians prospect, Adam Miller, to a minor league deal. He notes that injuries hurt his career.
- 10:55 AM - CJ Wilson inks a deal with the Los Angeles Angels to join Albert Pujols in Southern California. Deal was reported by Joel Sherman.
- 11:01 AM - Sherman hears reports that the Red Sox will not be in on Yu Darvish.