|Manager Joe Girardi addresses the media on day one of Spring Training.|
- Girardi was asked about his outlook on this team for the 2013 season and believes that they are a team that could win 95 games this year. In addition to that he cited the talent of the team has a chance of even making it to the World Series.
- Alex Rodriguez will not be joining the team in Tampa for Spring Training and will rehab in New York. There is no timetable as to when he will rejoin the team.
- With no big haul this offseason for the outfield, Girardi said that he may go with a similar outfield that he used towards the end of the season with Brett Gardner in left-field, Curtis Granderson in center-field, and Ichiro Suzuki in right-field. The Yankees' skipper said that as of right now there are no plans to move Gardner to center.
- According to Chad Jennings of LoHud, CC Sabathia is on a normal Spring Training schedule after undergoing elbow surgery in the offseason. He will toss his first bullpen session on Thursday and reports no pain.
- Michael Pineda threw off a full mound for the first time this Spring. The way that Rothschild mapped out some of the progress for Pineda, he's doing well. Due to the nature of the injury, Cashman would most likely want to see Pineda take his time and make his comeback in June. Still good news for the Yankees pitching staff.